Garden Week in Georgia starts today, April 16, and runs through April 22. This year’s GWG posts start with some fun ways for you to celebrate the week. Some depend on good weather, others on room at an event, and others on an adventurous spirit. Hope you can make time to celebrate gardens!
- April 16 there’s a free Urban Gardening Workshop from 12 – 2 pm @ 333 Peters Street Southwest Atlanta, GA 30313. This workshop is led by Ayanna Burroughs, a Farm to School advocate and home gardener. Interested? Registration is required. Go to the event site for more details or to register.
- On April 16, head head to the State Botanical Gardens in Athens, for the Decatur Digital Photography Meetup or head up any time during the week and have fun developing your floral photography skills on your own.
- Any day during the week, pick up a beautiful floral puzzle and put it together. The photo for this blog post is a puzzle put together by RGC member Marcia.
- The Garden Clubs of Georgia Annual State Convention is April 19 & 20. Dogwood District, which RGC belongs to, is hosting the event. Registration is required, and is now closed. Many RGC members are helping with the event and lookinf forward to attending it. Read more about the convention in a blog post later this week.
- April 19 check out the Drop-In Kids Gardening Activity @ the Atlanta Botanical Garden from 10 – 11 AM. Read more on Atlanta Botanical Garden | Drop-In Kids Gardening Activity
- Apr 21 & 22 head over to Smith-Gilbert Gardens, 2382 Pine Mountain Rd, Kennesaw, GA for The Seedling: An Immersive Family Experience presented by the KSU Theatre Department & Smith Gilbert-Gardens. Performances at 10 am and 1:30 pm. Read more and get tickets here.
- April 22 take part in the Keep Douglasville Beautiful Spring Planting Day 2 @ Mill Village Community Garden, 6302 Johnson Street, Douglasville, Georgia 30134. Keep Douglasville Beautiful is holding a Spring Planting Day to educate those willing to learn how to plant vegetables and flowers. The group also wants to supply the Mill Village Community with an abundant harvest come summertime! Assist with planting summertime vegetable starters and flowers. Be sure to bring water and gloves.
- April 22 take part in The Joy of Container Gardening Workshop & Carnegie Spring Festival! from 10 – 11 AM @ the Newnan Carnegie Library, 1 Lagrange St, Newnan, GA. Registration is required for the workshop. Go to the event site for more details or to register.
- April 22 & 23 drop by the Alpharetta Garden Club Annual Plant Sale. Join them at the historic Mansell House and Gardens on Old Milton Parkway for their annual plant sale. They will have lots of native plants; most pulled from members’ gardens! Hours are 9am to 3pm on Saturday and 10am to 2pm on Sunday.