Roswell: Ours to Beautify & Conserve
Roswell Garden Club
Years as a Federated Garden Club
New Members Wanted
Pay Tribute With Us
Memorial Day 2021: Blue Star & Gold Star Memorial Markers Dedication Ceremony
Roswell Garden Club
Roswell Garden Club is an award-winning organization that continues to seek ways to beautify the community and conserve its natural splendor.
Founded and federated in 1951, the club withstands the test of time. We are proud to be part of an organization that boasts 5,000 member clubs in the nation.
Club members pursue individual interests and also work to meet annual club goals that involve maintenance and preservation of historical properties, memorial markers, holiday decorating, garden therapy, youth programs, scholarships and more.
The world is changing rapidly, but the need to connect and “give back” is still paramount to personal happiness and satisfaction. Our club welcomes guests. You do not need to live in Roswell to join us. We are open to all ages and skill levels. Join us, and you will make a positive impact on your life and your community.
Meetings and Speakers Per Year
Historic Sites with Gardens
Ongoing Civic & Community Projects
Club Projects & BLOG
Roswell Garden Club focuses on beautifying Roswell, conserving landscaping at many of Roswell’s historic sites, and educating our members and the community.
Our 2020-2021 focus projects range from dedicating our newly installed Blue Star and Gold Star Families Memorial Markers, planting peach trees in the orchard at Barrington Hall, holding our high-school environmental blog entry competition, and expanding our educational & inspirational blog. Be sure and check out the top four entries from the 2019 high-school Environmental Blog Competition.
During Garden Week in Georgia and National Garden Week, we post relevant new blog entries at 10 pm each day. The posts are designed to intrigue you, give you some easy ways to getting into gardening, and inspire you. You can see last year’s entries on our blog page along with all of our other entries. Happy Gardening from Roswell Garden Club!
From floral design to azalea giveaways; decorating City Hall to youth-centered activities such as Fall Farm Days; gardening at civic locations to field trips to experience the beauty of nature; RGC is on the go making a difference in the community.
RGC’s collaborative relationship with the Roswell Recreation & Parks department, Roswell Adult Recreation Center, Roswell Convention & Visitors Bureau, and Roswell’s historic homes—Archibald Smith, Barrington Hall, and Mimosa Hall—is strong.
Our members enjoy making Roswell a beautiful place and are proud of our civic projects. We strive to live our motto—Roswell, ours to beautify and conserve.
We are closing out our National Garden Week posts with a look at favorite gardens members have visited, pictures from Lisa’s recent visit to Gibbs Garden, and pics from a few members’ gardens–the feature image for this post is from Mary Ann Booth Cabot’s backyard. We hope you are as inspired by these gardens as we are. Thanks for celebrating National Garden Week with us.
Debbie V suggests we add visiting these gardens on our bucket lists:
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens, Richmond, VA…one of the top gardens in the US; voted 4th place in America’s public gardens by USA Today; recognized by the Travel Channel as one of the best botanical gardens.
- The State Botanical Gardens, Athens, GA…gorgeous atmosphere…great children’s garden and gift shop
- Atlanta Botanical Garden, Atlanta Georgia…great garden to walk and enjoy the fabulous displays
Many of our projects & activities are sponsored by the Dogwood District, The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc., the Deep South Garden Clubs, Inc. and National Garden Clubs, Inc.
To find out more about our affiliations and projects at the district, state, regional, and national levels, click on the logos below or see our projects.
2019-2021 Roswell Garden Club Officers
- President, Lisa Ethridge
- First Vice-President, JoAnn Jones
- Second Vice-President, Mary Ann Cabot
- Secretary, Carolyn Herndon
- Corresponding Secretary, Nancy Moses
- Treasurer, Linda Becker
- Auditor, Debbie Vann
- Dogwood District Director, Debbie Vann
- 4th Tuesday of @ month, September – May (check our Events Page for date or location changes)
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Roswell Area Park Community Activity Building | 10495 Woodstock Road | Roswell
- Guests are welcome
- You don’t have to be a citizen of Roswell to visit or join
- Contact Us or read the Roswell Garden Club Brochure for more information
If you can’t join us, become a subscribing member and support The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc.’s initiatives
- To become a subscribing member (SM) of the Garden Club of Georgia, click here
- A SM is committed to the purposes and objectives of the Garden Club of Georgia, and desires association without becoming a member of a local member garden club
- A SM can participate in all programs and events available to the general membership, receive Garden Gateways, and other membership mailings but isn’t eligible to vote
One more way to show support–every little bit counts.
- RGC is a 501(c)(3) organization
- Select ROSWELL GARDEN CLUB as your charity of choice on AMAZON SMILE
Roswell Garden Club is always looking for new members to learn with us, garden with us, arrange flowers with us, contribute to the community with us, and socialize with us. If you are interested in visiting us or joining us, let us know. You do not have to be a Roswell citizen to join Roswell Garden Club.
Conserve & Beautify
Roswell Garden Club
Open to the Public
Roswell Garden Club
“Gardening is not our
whole life; but it makes our
Images on this site were taken by RGC members unless otherwise noted